We all love to enjoy videos on our iPads, as it has a perfectly sized display to watch photos and videos.
But how about watching those movies, videos, and photos on an even bigger screen?
Yes, we are talking about the TV.
Everything looks better on a bigger screen, as the screen size of modern-day TVs is gigantic. Moreover, you also don’t have to keep the iPad held up.
Are you excited to connect your iPad to your TV?
If yes, then keep on reading.
In this blog post, we will show you how you can easily connect your iPad to the TV using different methods.
Related: best 75 inch TV under 2000
Methods for Connecting iPad to the TV
Well, there are various ways of connecting the iPad to the TV. We will show you all these methods that you can use for connecting the iPad to the TV.
So, you can choose the method that works best for your needs.
Using an HDMI Cable
Perhaps, the easiest, and cheapest way of connecting the iPad to your non-smart TV is by using an HDMI cable.
Although, you cannot directly connect an HDMI cable with your iPad, still, it’s possible through some tweaks.
Here are the things required for connecting your iPad to the TV using an HDMI cable:
- Lightning Digital AV Adapter
- HDMI Cable
Steps for Connecting the iPad to TV using HDMI
- Firstly, you need to attach the Lightning Digital AV Adapter (also known as the lightning to HDMI converter) to the lightning port of your iPad.
- Attach the one end of the HDMI cable to the Lightning Digital AV Adapter and the other end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port of Your TV.
- Tune to source from the TV settings to the right HDMI, and bang, you are already there.
- Now, you should have the sound, and video of your laptop, right on the bigger screen.
Using a Plug & Play Cable
If you are not okay with having two separate cables and want a wired connection with just one cable, there is good news for you.
You can easily use a special cable, called the plug & play cable to directly connect your iPad with the TV.
- Plug & Cable for Lightning
Steps for Connecting iPad to TV using Plug & Play Cable
- Connect the HDMI & USB ports of the plug & play cable into the respective ports of the TV.
- Afterward, plug the lightning cable into the lightning jack of the iPad.
- Select the source to the HDMI using the TV remote.
- Congrats! You have now successfully connected your iPad to your TV using the plug & play cable.
Although plug & play cable is a perfect one-wire solution, still, most of the older TVs don’t come with USB input.
Therefore, you should check whether you have a USB port on your TV or not.
Using Apple Airplay built-in Smart TV
The Apple Airplay feature allows you to mirror your Ipad directly on your TV, without using any cable or a third-party app.
Luckily, if you have a smart TV that has built-in Airplay, then you do not require any extra dongles or third-party software.
The setup of the Airplay is also super-easy and efficient.
- First, and foremost, connect the iPad, and your Smart TV to the same WIFI network.
- Open the screen-mirroring option, and select your Apple TV or Smart TV from the list of the available devices.
- If your smart TV shows a passcode, put it in the iPad (optional).
- Now, you should be able to see all the contents of your iPad on your Smart TV.
Using Apple TV on Non-Smart TVs
We understand that not everybody has a smart TV with a built-in Airplay feature.
So, if you are one of those people who do not have the Airplay built-in, don’t get worried, we will show you, how to connect the iPad to your non-smart TV.
- Apple TV
- HDMI Cable
Steps for Connecting iPad to TV using Apple TV
- Firstly, you have to connect your Apple TV to your non-smart TV using the HDMI cable.
- Plugin one side of the HDMI cable to the Apple TV, and the other end of the HDMI cable to the TV.
- Tune the source type to the right HDMI.
- Afterward, connect your iPad and your Apple TV to the same wireless network.
- Then, go to the control center of your iPad, and tap on the mirroring option.
- If your TV asks for the passcode, enter the passcode shown on the screen of your TV.
- Now, you will be able to stream your iPad screen directly on the bigger screen.
A lot of people want to connect their iPad to their TVs, in order to enjoy their content on the bigger screen.
In this blog post, we have described various methods that you can use to connect your iPad directly to the TV.
If you have any issues, feel free to start a discussion in the comments bar.