The mobile phone screen may be good enough for browsing the internet and messaging and other everyday tasks, but there are times when you need a bigger screen.
Especially, when you want to watch movies or show your family photos, right on the bigger screen.
There are various ways to connect your mobile phone to the TV, both wired, and wireless.
In this detailed guide, we will walk you through different methods that you can use to connect your mobile phone to your TV easily.
How to Connect Your Mobile Phone to Smart TV Wirelessly
Connecting your mobile phone wirelessly to the TV is perhaps the most convenient, and effective way of connecting between your smartphone and your TV, as most of the modern TVs come with screen mirroring functionality.
In addition, you can also use dongles to connect your mobile phone to the TV, if your TV by default does not support screen-mirroring.
How to Connect Mobile Phone to TV Wirelessly
If you have a smart TV that comes with screen mirroring functionality, then you do not require any additional accessories or a third-party app.
All you need is an active internet connection, a mobile phone, and a Smart TV that supports screen mirroring.
- First and foremost, check whether your TV supports wireless TV mirroring or not.
- Connect both the mobile phone and the smart TV to the same wireless network.
- Now, go to the control panel of your mobile phone, and select the screen mirroring option.
- Select your TV from the list of available devices.
- Boom, you will now see all the contents of your mobile phone on the TV screen now.
How to Connect Mobile to TV using Chromecast
We know that not all TVs are smart and come with screen mirroring capability. If you have an older TV that does not support screen mirroring, you can still connect your mobile phone wirelessly with your smart TV using the Chromecast device.
Chromecast allows you to wirelessly mirror your mobile device. So, you do not have to mess with cables and dongles.
- Connect the Chromecast device to your TV by plugging in the HDMI port.
- Select the right source from the source settings on your TV using the remote.
- Now, you will see the Chromecast setup screen.
- Select your WIFI network, and pass through the setup wizard on the screen.
- Open the mobile control panel, and look for the screen mirroring feature.
- Select your TV from the list of devices.
- If it asks for a passcode, a prompt will appear on the screen of your TV, put in the password, and now you will be able to watch all your phone contents on the bigger screen.
How to Connect Mobile Phone to TV using Apple TV
Well, if your TV does not support screen mirroring by default, and you are looking for a perfect solution for your IOS device, then getting an Apple TV might be the perfect solution for your needs.
Apple TV allows you to wirelessly connect your mobile device to your TV in a hassle-free manner. And, as it’s the case with all the other Apple devices, Apple TV provides you the perfect Apple EcoSystem.
Here is how you can easily connect your mobile phone to Apple TV.
- First and foremost, connect the Apple TV to your TV using the HDMI cable.
- Plugin the power plug of the Apple TV to the power socket, and select the right source type from the settings.
- Now, you will see the Apple setup wizard.
- Choose your wireless network, and pass through the setup wizard.
- Now, open the control panel on your IOS device, and select the Screen Mirroring option.
- You will see your IOS device screen mirrored on the TV.
You can also connect the iPad to TV using the same method.
How to Connect Mobile Phone to TV using a Cable
Lastly, if you are an old-school guy and like the old-fashioned wired connection, don’t get mad, we have a technique that allows you to connect your mobile phone to TV using a wired connection.
And, the best part about this is that it works both for Android as well as IOS devices.
Here are the things required:
- A charging port-HDMI converter
- An HDMI cable
- Connect one end of the charging port-HDMI converter to the mobile device.
- Plugin one end of the HDMI cable to the converter, and the other end of the port to the TV.
- Select the source type to HDMI from the source settings.
- Congrats! You have successfully connected your mobile phone to your TV using a cable.
A lot of people prefer to watch movies and shows on the bigger screen. If you are one of those, we have made this detailed guide for you, in which we show you how to connect your mobile to tv in different ways.
You can use either of the methods mentioned in this blog post to connect your mobile device to the TV.